pages

Friday

friday find


I've been struggling with lights for the Boys room for some time now.. in the run up to bedtime having a main light on always seemed a bit too bright, and the opposite of the calm space required to persuade him that night time is for sleeping. However he's already managed to break two lamps (don't ask) Lately, I've gone a tiny bit shelf mad in his bedroom, and managed to find a small Lack shelf in ikea that fitted almost perfectly between his chimney breast and wardrobe, which I decided would be the perfect spot for a lamp, as it's quite well protected by a large laundry basket. The only problem with this plan was having to hide away the wire for the lamp. or so I thought...


...until I found this little beauty in John lewis. Having a bright green flex trailing down the wall is entirely another matter in my book (although I have to hope that this won't make it become infinitely more tempting for a small pair of hands - eek!) The photo on the JL website really didn't do the colour of this lamp justice, which in the flesh is just the right vibrant shade of green for a little boys bedroom. The lovely silkscreen printed giraffe card is waiting to be framed, and was a Folksy find from Nant Designs.

Lets hope that this lamp lasts longer than its predecessors!



No comments:

Post a Comment