pages

Thursday

work in progress

Perhaps work in progress might be a little misleading, not to mention generous. What I actually have is piles of material, ready to be work in progress. I need to ( well ok, maybe don't need to, but I'd like to) make some new cushions... which I may just have mentioned a few times already. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if I'd spent a fraction of the time I've been procrastinating about making them actually sewing, then we wouldn't be able to move for cushions.

excuse the grotty radiator

I was thinking it all looked a bit beige and staid, but then I remembered the Orla Kiely Rhododendron print that I had stashed away, which I think makes it just that little bit less so. I plan to re-cover the grubby bench that all of this material is sitting on in the heavy-weight linen on the right, which I misguidedly covered with cream fabric pre-the Boy. It actually looked just fine up until about 6 months post-the Boy, when he started crawling about. These days cream things aren't an especially good idea. As we have a 4 day weekend, my grand plan is to get on with it and make these things, so all being well I'll be able to report back soon with a post of my cushions in situ... and then you'll be able to see my equally misguided decision pre-the Boy to buy cream sofa covers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment